Friday, March 6, 2009

Greetings!

Thanks for checking out my blog! 

This will be a work constantly in progress, but I thought I'd begin with a little background about the evolution of the idea behind it all...

Sitting in my office, I often long to be traveling and exploring new places, meeting new people, experiencing new tastes, smells, and noises. With limited vacation time and limited funds, my options for international travel are fairly limited. 

I try to keep up my French and stay in tune with international stories through French podcasts. I've been listening lately to one in particular, Au detour du monde, produced by France Inter.  It's a varied program and includes travel advice, music from around the world, and a feature from another country. Recent topics have included a film festival in Burkina Faso, the experience of living in a yurt in Mongolia, and traveling across Finland in the middle of winter. 

While listening to the podcast the other day, I started thinking about how great it would be to be a reporter for Au detour du monde and for my job to be to explore new places and learn about other cultures...when I realized I can do just that here in Atlanta. At that moment, I decided to make it a personal project to get out and explore all the international cultures, food, and activities that Atlanta has to offer, and I hope my adventures inspire others to do the same--to get out of their comfort zone and try new foods and go new places...without even having to leave Georgia. 

I plan on using this blog as a means of documenting my experiences through text, photos, and videos. 

Enjoy!  

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, with utterly no bounds. Atlanta is such a dynamic international place that you'll never run out of interesting people, places, and things . . . and languages.

    ReplyDelete