Saturday, January 23, 2010

Swedish Festival Photos



I've been horribly remiss in keeping the blog up-to-date! I promise to post more frequently from now on...!

In the meantime, I just went through my photos from the Swedish Christmas Festival. I know
it's a little late for the Christmas spirit, but I wanted to go ahead and share some photos from
the event.

The festival was held at the Trolley Barn in Inman Park-- I definitely recommend checking out the festival next year. There was Swedish food (I enjoyed the Glogg, a Scandinavian holiday cider. I think you can get it at Ikea.) I went to the festival with a couple friends, including a
friend from Denmark. She got an open-faced salmon sandwich and declared it authentically Scandinavian!



The highlight of the event was the Santa Lucia procession. Here are some photos:


(The light was pretty dim inside-- sorry for the poor quality of the photos!)

Here is a full slideshow of the photos:



3 comments:

  1. MMM!!! Glogg! Looks like a great time! Did you get any of those Santa Lucia sweet rolls?? That have the saffron or cardamom in them? So good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. That lit candle hat thing looks dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How strange that we had our prom there! I agree that the candle hat thing is scary...I really like the tablecloths.

    ReplyDelete